Saturday, February 28, 2009

Snow Caving

Connor and Bryce had the chance to go with their Boy Scout Troop snow caving at the base of Mt. Rainer. They left early Friday morning for the 2 hour drive. When they arrived at camp, each of the boys had to build their snow cave with the help of their cave-mates. Bryce and his mates had to rebuild theirs several times until they got it right. After many pairs of socks and gloves, their caves were ready to sleep in. I'm not sure what all they did once their caves were built but they made it through the night and safely back home. The boys did say that it was so cold, anything wet froze overnight. As I was starting their laundry, I came across many socks that were rolled up with ice in the middle. They did come home with a nice sunburn and an appreciation of the warmth of home.

I hope to get pictures from their Scoutmaster and will post them once I receive them.

0 comments: