Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"Me" Time

For the past couple of years I have managed to escape the responsibilities of being a mom and get away for "Me" time. Other years I have gone with friends but this time, I went by myself to Utah for a week to visit with my parents. Keith did an admirable job getting everyone where they needed to be and the kids even complimented him on his cooking skills. I think it is a good lesson to the boys that when they are married with kids, it is okay for Dad to be in charge and let his wife recharge her batteries. It is also a lesson to the girls that it is okay to leave your family when you need some time to yourself. I am very thankful for a husband who recognizes when I need a break and allows me to go galavanting around the country when I need it.

While in Utah, I was able visit late into the night with my sister, get my hair done, beat my Mom at Hand and Foot, visit my Grandma Holjeson, run errands and out to lunch with my Dad, eat Mormon Muffins and giant scones, go to the movie and most importantly, relax. I now feel able again to face the trials and happy times of being a mom.

0 comments: