Saturday, April 30, 2011

It's About Time

Wow! I really stink this year on the blog front. You would think from the lack of posts that we lead a boring and mundane life. Not so!

This Spring has really been trying. The weather has been awfully rainy and cold. If the calendar didn't say April, I would think it was January. Last weekend we did finally see some sun and what a difference! I am hoping for more bouts of sun and less of rain!

Since I haven't been keeping everything up to date, I'll have to give a quick run down of what has kept everyone so busy.

Connor - still really into shooting and has had some really successful matches. He is shooting well enough now that he has been moved up to "Expert" class. He's not happy about the move as it puts him at the bottom of his class. He is still young and has time to work his way up the ladder. He also joined the biking club at school and is looking forward to biking adventures with the group.

Bryce - joined football. Here they play middle school football in the Spring. He is having a great time and is really committed to the team. As a side bonus, his grades have been really good since joining and the missing assignment problem that has plagued him most of the year has all but disappeared.

Hunter - surviving middle school. I think the favorite part of his day is running home from school and beating Connor who rides a bike. Currently Hunter is not involved in any school activities but he is enjoying going to Young Men's.

Lauren - still dancing! She is wrapping up her year of ballroom dance. She only has a month until the end of the year recital. She plans to try out for the older performing group in the fall. She is also trying out with a couple of friends for the school talent show. I think they are doing a Taylor Swift song.

Kiersten - growing and learning so much! She is really becoming a good reader and I am impressed with how well she can sound out words. She has learned to ride a two wheel bike and loves to ride around the neighborhood. She is also in swimming lessons. I may try and put her in a session or two this summer. I haven't decided yet. She also had her first "wiggly" tooth. Not bad enough to fall out yet, but she keeps wiggling away.

Keith - working hard. Even though Keith gets to work from home a lot of the time, I try to keep him busy with "Honey-Do" lists. The last stretch he was home was spent building trellis frames for garden boxes, procuring soil for the boxes, trying to get the lawn looking better, fixing the lawn mower, and adding to our growing collection of camping gear.

Me - counting down the days till summer vacation! (Which are 34!) I have also been busy building our food storage. I have spent many hours since the Fall canning oddball stuff. My friends and I have canned chicken, butter, cheese, and hamburger. I love learning new things! Our next venture will be butchering chickens for meat. One of our friends is keeping 3 chickens for us that should be ready for butchering the end of May.

As you can see, our life is never dull. Most nights I go to bed exhausted and hope that dumb cat, Morgan, doesn't wake me up with his meowing! One of these days, I will actually post a picture or two on here even if it means making more than one blog post every couple of months. That's about it for now. Here's to more sun in the upcoming weeks!

0 comments: